Do you want to build a next generation system for enhancing human perception? Can you imagine a future where humans and machines work in concert to create a better world? We can. Come build it with us.
Proprio is a Seattle startup developing a system for real-time immersive volumetric video imaging and mediated surgical interaction. We develop custom hardware and cutting edge algorithms to enhance human capabilities in high precision activities such as spine and brain surgery.
The ideal candidate has excellent problem solving skills and is not afraid of a challenge. Our goal is ambitious. The consequences of success are lasting improvements for society. We are serious about pushing the technological envelope to solve real-world deficiencies across a variety of industries.
At Proprio, you’ll enjoy the ability to greatly influence product design, work across multiple domains, and have a voice in developing our culture. We value diversity in all forms and have at our core a strong sense of ethics and what it means to be a company actively pursuing social good. Our team works closely with leading medical and research institutions and has a deep background in neurosurgery, medical devices, entrepreneurship, robotics, and computer vision.
- Be responsible for all aspects of test engineering and validation of their features, with opportunities to stretch more broadly. This will include working closely with the teams software and hardware engineers and program managers to create solid core designs and enable testability of the products.
- Develop new test architectures, methodologies, tools and comprehensive test plans. This includes documenting test architecture, test plans and test cases.
- Conduct technical reviews throughout the development process. This would include reviews of the test architectures, test plans, test cases, and results.
- Create appropriate test automation / tooling for all aspects of assigned features including core scenarios, performance, reliability, security and stress.
- Work on new devices at various stages of hardware development including prototype hardware.
- Design test plans and test cases for client software (Windows) and graphics pipelines and front end rendering experiences (OpenGL, Unity, DX). You research, share, recommend, and drive adoption of new technologies, standard methodologies, and trends.
- You help your team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, planning, and post-mortems.
- You mentor and develop your other team members.
- Identify product risk areas and mitigate them through targeted testing.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or a related degree and equivalent experience.
- 6 or more years of experience in a relevant field.
- 2 or more ship cycles - Experienced shipping software and having been through more than one shipping cycle (same or different product).
- Ability to demonstrate a strong skill set in analytical problem solving, a history of increasing responsibilities and decision-making experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communications.
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability to make progress in the face of it.
Additional desirable qualifications:
- Experienced in medical device software and hardware.
- Experienced in testing methodologies for robotic / computer vision systems.
- Expert level C, C++, Python, or C# .
- Experience in debug and optimization of the OpenGL and CUDA frameworks.
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on complex and unfamiliar code.
- Deep background and understanding in Windows / Windows IoT and PC architecture, including driver architecture.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Website or directly to managers. Proprio does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Proprio will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Proprio.