Do you want to build a next generation system for enhancing human perception? Can you imagine a future where humans and machines work in concert to create a better world? We can. Come build it with us.
Proprio is a Seattle startup developing a system for real-time immersive volumetric video imaging and mediated surgical interaction. We develop custom hardware and cutting edge algorithms to enhance human capabilities in high precision activities such as spine and brain surgery.
The ideal candidate has excellent problem solving skills and is not afraid of a challenge. Our goal is ambitious. The consequences of success are lasting improvements for society. We are serious about pushing the technological envelope to solve real-world deficiencies across a variety of industries.
At Proprio, you’ll enjoy the ability to greatly influence product design, work across multiple domains, and have a voice in developing our culture. We value diversity in all forms and have at our core a strong sense of ethics and what it means to be a company actively pursuing social good. Our team works closely with leading medical and research institutions and has a deep background in neurosurgery, medical devices, entrepreneurship, robotics, and computer vision.
As a Senior Software Dev Manager, you will lead several highly specialized and technical engineering teams and help grow technical talents in the organization and deliver groundbreaking innovation to the market.
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment, embracing ambiguity, and creative problem solving skills. Ability and passion to lead cultural initiatives, having a positive impact on a courageous and curious team, and fostering an environment of inclusion.
- Demonstrate accountability and ownership over a product roadmap to deliver work that is properly scoped & prioritized.
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to ensure we're building the best products.
- Contribute technically to projects.
- Take ownership for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
- Translating strategy into product reality across multiple technology streams to deliver a single product experience to market (areas such as: Data and API Architecture, Complex Data Storage, Machine and Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Robotic Navigation, Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Mixed Reality and Medical Devices Software).
- Experience in designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with ability to explain complex technical concepts and analysis implications clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- MS/PHD in Computer Science, Math, Computer Engineering, or a related degree and equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of Software Development experience, leveraging object-oriented concepts, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms, utilizing C++ (primary), C#, Python, and similar languages/frameworks.
- Experience in the design, implementation and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
- Has taken multiple products from incubation, through development and market deployment; understanding how to design and drive implementation based on scale and serviceability is critical in this role.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- 5+ years of experience managing software development teams, and experience managing managers (leader of leaders).
- Medical device and/or software experience highly recommended.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Website or directly to managers. Proprio does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Proprio will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Proprio.