About Proprio: Proprio advances surgery through a proprietary platform that synthesizes artificial intelligence, computer vision and augmented reality. Proprio’s flagship Paradigm system is an advanced surgical navigation system that can provide critical information unifying pre-operative imaging and planning with intra operative performance data. This singular longitudinal data set can deliver significant value to the entire surgical ecosystem. We are seeking a talented and experienced Backend Software Test Engineer to join our team.
Job Summary: The Backend SoftwareTest Engineer will primarily focus on manual and automated testing of our products. This role requires strong technical skills, a basic understanding of Windows system administration, and device management capabilities. Prior experience with optical cameras, sensors, and robotics would be beneficial. Experience with Python is highly desirable.
· Conduct thorough manual testing of back-end systems and components, focusing on functionalities and configurations related to cameras, robot, micro-controller configurations, recording cartridge, temperature monitoring, etc.
· Develop and execute comprehensive test plans and test cases, ensuring adequate test coverage for the back-end aspects of the system.
· Perform regression and integration tests, bug tracking, and reporting using tools like Jira and JAMA.
· Document test results and communicate these to relevant stakeholders.
· Provide technical expertise in the development of protocols, data analysis, and reporting for regulatory submissions.
· Verify the installation and update processes of the system, including knowledge of Windows environments, to ensure smooth system operation and compatibility.
· Provide basic system administration for Windows, including system installation and
configuration, regular updates, and security.
· Ensure that all systems are in working condition and promptly reporting any issues to
developers or relevant stakeholders.
· Utilize tools such as GitHub and Jenkins and git for version control and continuous integration tasks.
· Stay updated on emerging technologies, tools, and industry best practices related to back-end testing methodologies and tools.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related engineering degree
· Minimum 3-5years of relevant experience in software testing, preferably in a regulated environment like Medical Devices or Avionics
· Prior experience with manual and automated testing, automation test tools, and related tools like Jira and JAMA.
· Familiarity in Python, C++ or C# is highly desirable.
· Exposure to Python test frameworks such as py test, BDD-behave.
· Basic understanding of the Windows system administration.
· Familiarity with GitHub, Jenkins, git, and other relevant tools for version control and continuous integration.
· Prior experience with optical cameras, sensors, and robotics is beneficial.
· Effectively articulate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audience.
· Comfortable with technical documentation.
Proprio offers its employees a generous range of compensation and benefits.
· Salary Range: $125,000 - $145,000: Our compensation philosophy is to bring people into new roles in the range of the mid-point of that role. Factors considered for pay include the level of skill, experience, training, external market factors, and internal equity.
· Generous, early stage stock options
· Unlimited PTO and paid sick leave
· Paid family and medical leave, plus paid parental leave
· 10 paid holidays
· Fully covered medical, dental and vision benefits for employees, and 50% of spouse/domestic partner and dependent premiums
· Life and long-term disability coverage
· Employee assistance program
· Commuter and health benefits
· Company sponsored matching 401(k)
· Pet friendly work environment
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Proprio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Proprio’s open positions.